HPE Superdome X Review

The performance and scalability are what's valuable to us.

Valuable Features

The performance and scalability.

Improvements to My Organization

We put a system on this which has a student information system which has attendance, grading, and all student information. We have 35,000 teachers which at least five to six thousand concurrent users there. You need a high performance machine to support that kind of concurrency. CPU and memory, it's just pretty good and helps us to support the students and the teachers of the school.

Room for Improvement

Hardware is hardware, there might be an issue with memory they have to replace memory or something but nothing major. There is some reporting that we will probably want to use it for on our next projects. We also use this for our major databases but we don't virtualize it.

We can buy two, three, or four depending on our admin, and we can just expand it. It's pretty good.

We have 24/7 support and can call HPE if we need anything.

Our team was involved and HPE helped us in the original implementation because it's a new product. They racked, stacked, installed it for us. In the beginning, HPE helped us with the installation of Windows 2012. The second time around when we purchased a second we installed it right ourselves on Oracle as we're pretty familiar with it now.

Other Advice

I recommend it because it's a fact, we use it and it's working fine.

More HPE Superdome X reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Cisco and others in Blade Servers. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.