HPE Synergy Review

We expect to cut our delivery time from about six weeks to just days

What is our primary use case?

We're doing a new product line, we're now doing Big Data. We had the help of HPE on it. They advised we use this platform, so that's why we have it.

How has it helped my organization?

Shorter delivery times. Where we now have a delivery time of about six weeks, we hope to go back to days.

What is most valuable?

It's a bit easier to manage than the C7000s. But we're still finding out how it works, it's all new to us. And we're also using it for new concepts, the old systems we used were ESX. And these systems are used for Mesosphere and bare metal Red Hat deployments.

What needs improvement?

The deployment time of a system through OneView is pretty slow, but apparently that's being addressed in an upcoming update.

Less than one year.

Also not a big point. It's stable, but all the other solutions we have are stable as well, so this is not a main point.

The other solutions that we have are scalable as well. At least they are scalable enough for our needs.

Good, very good. As far as we have a need for them, they are knowledgeable.

It was pretty complex. We weren't allowed to do the setup ourselves, we had to have an engineer from HPE. In my book, that's complex, if I cannot do it myself.