HPE Synergy Review

You set it up and forget about it

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for SQL servers on HPE servers. We use the service across the company. We are in three countries. It serves all our users.

How has it helped my organization?

All our internal applications are on an SQL server. It improves performance when we use all applications on this one server.

The solution helps us to implement new business requirements quickly with some app deployments.

What is most valuable?

Compatibility and scalability are its most valuable features.

You set it up and forget about it.

What needs improvement?

I would like more storage with this solution, because we still need 3PAR or other storage outside the box for the amount of data that we have.

We have been using this solution for less than a year.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is very good, but I'm still trying to scale more than I already have.

The technical support is remarkable and very good.

We have a policy of server renewal every three to five years, so we changed all of blade servers to Synergy.

We, as a company, need to know more about the solution, because I know there is a lot of software included that we are not using. I would like the solution to provide training, so we could be more knowledgeable about what is included.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was pretty easy to start up and use it.

We used a Mexican integrator/reseller for the deployment, who was very good. They are one of my best suppliers.

The solution has decreased our deployment time by 10 to 20 percent.

Top of the list was HPE. I didn't consider any other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is pretty good and very stable. It has a great support. It works as the brochure says, "It works perfectly."

We need to learn about the all the solutions that integrate well with Synergy. E.g., it has a monitoring solution that we need to explore.

We also use Hyper-V. So, we are already using physical servers to run it.

More HPE Synergy reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS B-Series
Learn what your peers think about HPE Synergy. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.