UFT Pro (LeanFT) Review

It supports our approach in agile and DevOps deliveries.

What is most valuable?

It was very interesting to see that once we began using the traditional UFT for functional testing, we received a lot of feedback from our development and testing teams that it's clumsy, not modern, and so on. But once we upgraded to UFT Pro, it was an easy adoption, even though it's a commercial product. In that sense, it supports our approach in agile and DevOps deliveries really well.

How has it helped my organization?

The UFT Pro follows the same projects that are following the agile DevOps journey. They are also starting to use UFT Pro.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, we are happy as it is. We don't have any kind of specific technology requirements for improvements, at least not at the moment.

But, support for open source solutions, such as the Robot framework, which is actively used, might be really helpful.

So far, we are very happy with stability, even though knowing that there is quite a lot of new development. But so far, so good. I have nothing bad to say.

We are at a very early stage in implementing this solution. But at the moment it looks promising. Although, it is difficult to say how far it goes. But at least, so far, we have started.

So far, technical support is very good because we have been using HPE products, or the earlier Mercury products for a long time. We have a quite good collaboration with them. From that kind of background and knowing our kind of working environment and solutions, together with their technical support and help, we have been able to implement these tools in the right way the first time, without trying to invent the wheel on our side.

Setup was pretty straightforward. Obviously, we kind of had a bit of discussion internally, because we didn't take a traditional migration from the earlier product. We really started from scratch. That is still somewhat an issue for some of the deliveries, that they don’t want to use the agile method. But we have highly recommended this because they are two different worlds and that it would be better to plan it carefully and not just carry on all the crap from history.

Our development teams are using a lot of open source solutions, and other tools like JIRA. But for our business needs and purposes, we have seen that HPE solutions are still valid for our business. We need to have backwards traceability. We have to have the capability to show what has been done, what's been going on, and what. In some of the cases, there has been the discussions that, "Yes. We have all this information, but you have to go to the Jenkins, or this and that logs, and it's there." But that's not what the business wants to see. They want to have a high-level visibility on their business. That is why we are still keeping the HPE products, and probably also in the future we'll have them.