UFT (QTP) Review

You get rid of manual testing, which is a huge improvement.

What is most valuable?

Well, you got just automation, basically, that's what you wanted. You get rid of manual testing, which is a huge improvement.

What needs improvement?

Well, I'm not an expert but from a deep technical perspective, it has been odd-neat, except for the small failures we had due to particular environments. I haven't got a good idea though, I'm not deep into it.

We have been using the product since 2012. We use both ALM and UFT together, as a team.

UFT is stable. Not a problem.

From my experience, UFT is scalable. Our very first project was quite a demanding project. We had a form of testing hosts of around 40 to 60 and we never had to worry about performance or scalability.

The technical support is pretty good. It probably depends on the support contract type you have. Our contract works pretty well as we have dedicated support engineers for our product.

They are knowledgeable and responsive. Sometimes you need a little bit more, but then HP help us to find it as they're knowledgeable troubleshooters. So we never had a problem to get issues fixed when we found that particular person. It was very effective I guess.

What other advice do I have?

When considering vendors we look for stability, support and reliability. And that's probably it. So we probably are not going for small vendors.