Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE Vertica Review
Ad-hoc data analysis improved the SLAs for our end clients.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature in the solution is ad hoc data analysis. It improved the SLAs for our end clients.

Room for Improvement:

There are some predictive analytics features that we might be using which we thought were part of IDOL, but it seems some are also already part of Vertica.

Stability Issues:

The stability is super good, especially when you scale out.

Scalability Issues:

Before using Vertica, we used to have problems scaling out because we increase our customer base significantly each year. We have more than 20.000 clients now. Since we implemented the Vertica solution, it is much less effort to maintain scalability.

I haven’t used technical support, but the IT colleagues definitely have. I think they are rather happy with it. I haven't heard any complaints. It could be quicker sometimes, but that's always the case with big processes.

Previous Solutions:

Previously, we were basically using an old school setup based on a relational database. I’m not sure which database management system it was.

The performance of the previous solution was no longer adequate to support the growth we were seeing in our business. Response times were up to 10-15 seconds on different queries. We needed to get that down to under a second.

Now we’ve moved to a real big data analytics solution.

Initial Setup:

I wasn’t involved with that, but I think that those who did it were happy with the support.

Other Advice:

When we chose a solution, we were looking at scalability, maintenance, and ease of use. With Vertica, we can access big data using regular SQL queries.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE Vertica?

Our experts can help. 209,588 professionals have used our research on 5,564 solutions.