HPE Wireless WAN Review

Provides network security, is user friendly, stable, and scalable, and has a lifetime warranty

What is our primary use case?

We use it to obtain seamless roaming. So many people want to roam from one room to another room, and at that time, they don't want their video call to disconnect. HPE Wireless WAN helps with this.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE Wireless WAN provides security so that your networks can't be hacked. Also, the lifetime warranty protects your financial investment.

What is most valuable?

The main benefit of this product is the lifetime warranty, up to 99 years. For example, if your switch card fails after 10 years, and the hardware fails, it will be replaced with the very same switch or the equivalent model available at the time.

So, you won't experience network failure beyond a day because of advanced replacement. Your product won't fail, and your financial investment won't fail either.

It is also stable, scalable, and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

HPE Wireless WAN could provide better access points and better pricing.

I've been using HPE Wireless WAN for the past six years.

There are no issues with the stability of the product.

It is very scalable. There are no issues with it. It can be scaled each year, for instance.

HP technical support is better than that of anyone else. They have two types of support packages: partner care and foundation care. With partner care, the partner will support the L1 and L2 levels, and HP will support the L3 level.

If you buy the foundation care package, HP can support at the L1 level itself. They can remotely do the installation as well.

Installation is usually easy. I am currently working on training our partners to do the installation themselves.

Depending on the type of deployment, you may need one person to a hundred people. Usually, the first deployment can be handled by one person.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution at ten on a scale from one to ten. I would say that quality wise, it is on the higher end of the scale, whereas price wise, it is on the medium end of the scale.

If you use a cloud solution and then after two or three years decide that you do not want a cloud solution, it may not be possible to switch to on-premises with solutions like Cisco Meraki. However, it is possible with HPE Wireless WAN.

Hybrid Cloud
More HPE Wireless WAN reviews from users
...who compared it with Aruba Networks Wireless WAN
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Ubiquiti Networks, Ruckus and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.