Huawei eSight Review

An integrated O&M solution that provides extensive details about Huawei devices on the network

What is our primary use case?

We deployed Huawei eSight as a monitoring tool for monitoring switches and access points.

How has it helped my organization?

Since we have a central monitoring system, we can proactively monitor those devices. Before it experiences major downtime, we can easily capture any abnormalities, and we can quickly address the issues before they became a bigger problem in the future. You don't have to go to a specific location to configure anything. All management will be done through eSight.

What is most valuable?

I like that it supports all our Huawei devices. Unlike other network monitoring tools that monitor Huawei devices, it provides more details when it comes to monitoring or management. We can get complete details about the devices, and management is also simple.

What needs improvement?

In my experience with eSight, I can tell you that you will experience a number of alerts that can be stressful to the administrator monitoring plenty of devices. They can simplify that part.

It will be better if they can make the simple network topology part more presentable. It would also be better if they had API integration and integration with third-party devices.

I have been dealing with Huawei eSight since 2016.

Huawei eSight is stable.

Huawei eSight is scalable.

Based on my experience, a long time ago, technical support wasn't so good. But through the years, they have improved their technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward if the installation goes quite smoothly. But if you encounter errors, you will encounter more complexity in the system. But Huawei offers tech support that can support you with that issue.

Pricing depends on the competition. If your competitor is like Cisco, then Huawei is much more competitive when it comes to pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise new users to follow the installation manual provided on the Huawei website. All the details and steps are given there, including what steps to take if you encounter an error.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Huawei eSight an eight.

More Huawei eSight reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Intersight
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.