Huawei Ethernet Switches Review

Although it is less touted in the marketplace, this solution competes with the best brands head on

What is our primary use case?

I am a Huawei reseller, so I supply these switches to my customers. The use case is just for general corporate office connectivity from the desktops through to the data center.

What is most valuable?

The feature that is the most valuable depends on who the customer is. The power of the Ethernet is important for us and for our clients. The multi-gig options are important for us all. All the routing protocols that they have are important for us. The level of importance of each of these features depends on the specific business requirements for a specific company.

What needs improvement?

I do not know if I can think of a product feature that really needs to be improved. Especially right now, the most important thing for customers is cost and Huawei does have a very good price point. They are very competitive from a cost perspective. From a technology perspective and in my economic environment with my customers, Huawei has everything that I and the customers need.

If I have one potential issue, it is that the technical support does not understand English so well. The issue is just that they should understand and speak English pretty well to provide proper technical support and solutions.

I have been using Huawei switches for about a year now.

Huawei switches are stable products.

The scalability of the product is excellent. We do not have any real problems with the product and we are able to scale really well. I am talking about both upward scaling and linear scaling. Huawei does what it does very well.

Being totally honest, we do have a problem with technical support and language. The technical support people are supposed to be able to understand and reply in English. Sometimes we just do not understand what they are saying or they do not understand us. So getting support from Huawei can be a little bit tricky.

I am talking about the support teams specifically — like if I phone the service desk. Otherwise, the support is good. Their swapping process is fine. The way they release the software upgrades is all fine. They just need to be able to communicate better.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is not an issue.

The Huawei Ethernet Switching products are reasonably priced and competitive in the marketplace.

What other advice do I have?

I use the product, so I definitely think that I can recommend Huawei as a very good alternative to other highly-praised brands. The world does not have to just use Cisco. Huawei is very cost-effective. They have all the features. I would not have a problem recommending it to anybody.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as an eight-out-of-ten.

More Huawei Ethernet Switches reviews from users