Huawei Ethernet Switches Review

Reasonably priced, stable, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

This product is used in our network infrastructure for normal office use.

What is most valuable?

The Huawei switches are stable, easy to set up, and cheap.

What needs improvement?

The graphical user interface could be much better.

The vendor needs to make a better marketing effort to promote this product because you don't find a lot of good articles promoting it. Other brands are more aggressive in marketing.

In the future, I would like to see a feature that includes a dynamic picture of all of the ports, and what is connected to them. The functionality may be there, but I haven't seen it yet. Being able to see what is going through the ports would be helpful.

I have been working with Huawei Ethernet Switches for approximately five years.

We have not had any issues with glitches or bugs, so it has been stable.

We have not had any limitations in terms of scalability. We have fewer than 100 users.

I have not had an issue that necessitated contacting technical support.

We have Cisco products in addition to Huawei.

We have an in-house team for deployment and maintenance.

Compared to other brands, I think that the price is quite fair. I don't require them to be much cheaper, as it's already fair.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is not to be afraid of it, just because Huawei is not a true American brand. It is an international brand. When you use it, you have the feeling that it can do even more than some Cisco or Fortinet products. The technology and brand name are good, so my advice is to trust it.

More Huawei Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Pharma/Biotech Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Huawei Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.