Huawei Ethernet Switches Review

Offers good technical documentation and is durable and stable

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is more appropriate for small businesses than bigger ones, and is for internal and distribution switches, as well as for using power apps.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature that our clients look for in this solution is that it will perform how it says it will perform for the best price and that it will provide good support.

In terms of communication, implementation, and permissioning, we have on-hand implementation documents on the website that you can download if you want some second project in certain kinds of scenarios. Huawei has the advantages here, because with Cisco I can not find it. You have to do it yourself.

Durability is fine. The performance is fine compared with other products

What needs improvement?

From the customer's perspective, they usually don't care about certain disadvantages because as a technician I am the one who deploys and configures the planning and communication for them. In my opinion, most of the basic configurations of the switches are all the same.

In terms of Huawei specifically, the availability and the speed of the firmware updates are the only things wrong with Huawei. There are some vulnerabilities on the hardware. Cisco is good with releasing the patches. For Huawei, this aspect is problematic.

I would like to see performance improved, including wi-fi flexibility.

We have been working with Huawei Ethernet Switches for about four or five years. Our customers are using it.

Our clients are mixed - small, medium and large companies.

In terms of stability, I think it is a stable product. They are six years old. I haven't seen any hardware failure.

Their scalability is good. All the competition like Huawei or Cisco have their own scalability design. You can expand it.

The technical documentation available is very good. The technical support for the customer is also good - I would give it 8 out of 10.

The initial setup is ok. I think they're all the same common lines, they're all standard configuration. Everything's fine. For me, on the technical side, I didn't find any disadvantages.

The deployment time depends on the size, plan and design of the deployment.

We usually deploy it ourselves for the customer and they will call us if anything happens.

What other advice do I have?

I think Cisco has the advantage in terms of durability because they have been in existence for more than 20 years, whereas Huawei just started a few years back. Cisco has a big track record of experience, R&D, and more.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Huawei Ethernet Switches an eight. Overall, I would recommend this product.

More Huawei Ethernet Switches reviews from users