Huawei Ethernet Switches Review

Easy to troubleshoot issues and is easy to understand and configure

What is most valuable?

In terms of the most valuable features, LAN switching is more comfortable and valuable in the network. It is easy to configure and easy to deploy. It is helpful for the installation and it is easy to troubleshoot issues. It's an easy product to understand. It's a good solution.

What needs improvement?

I had issues with patching the IOS. But right now I think Huawei has improved very much in the advanced technology and is more stable now. I think patch and bug fixes should be announced on a scheduled basis. That would eliminate the issues and improve the functionality of the device. It would be helpful.

I have been using Huawei Ethernet Switches for five to six years.

The stability is good. I installed the devices over two years ago and they're still running. It is a stable and reliable device.

It is scalable.

Technical support is good. Out of ten, I would rate them seven or eight.

I have worked with Cisco and Huawei. I have worked on both and both devices are stable and reliable devices. Cisco is a standard of devices. Huawei are valuable devices that work well. They are both sufficient and good devices.

The initial setup is very easy. I feel comfortable when I deploy and troubleshoot the device. It's easy to assess the device and understand its technology. It's very comfortable to use.

The pricing is cheaper than other vendors, which is a plus.

What other advice do I have?

The device is stable, reliable, and cheaper as well than other devices. The features are valuable. They also have good support.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

With respect to the hardware, I think Huawei should improve its chassis. Its hardware module like the cooling system is not as good as with other devices. For example, with Cisco, I switched off a router that was running more for than five to six years, 24/7. But the amazing thing was that the device was running continuously for about five to six years. With Huawei, I haven't seen any device uptime. Maybe it is an issue with the environment because in Pakistan the environment is dusty at most of the sites. That's may be why Huawei has this issue. The dust can stack on the cooling system and that may cause device failure or something to impact the performance. Huawei should improve its hardware chassis and must focus on the cooling system with respect to the environment or a dusty environment.

Hybrid Cloud