Huawei FusionCube Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Review

Stable and scalable, but requires better integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for hosting. We're pretty much we're running the Huawei computers now. We also have the switches, etc., so we're using mostly all Huawei products.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable and everything is taken care of through the Huawei support center. They ensure everything is running smoothly. It's been very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution requires wider visibility on Google. You have to go to the Huawei website rather than searching for answers through Google. They should make it so that they have a wider audience and if answers to queries were widely accessible via a quick internet search.

It would be helpful if the solution was able to collaborate or integrate with other well-known monitoring tools. Right now, you have to work hard to get it configured. It would be a good selling point for them if they could open up their solution to more integrations.

I've been using the solution for about five years.

The solution is very stable. We haven't had any bugs, glitches or malfunctions. The stability is one of the solution's best features.

Within the period of EOM, yes, it's scalable as long as it's available in the market and from there, scalability is quite straightforward.

We have close to 3,000 users on the solution currently. They include admins, managers, etc. There are about 200 people on the solution regularly and the rest come and go, utilizing the computer resources as required.

The technical support has been fantastic. We're more than happy with the level of support we are provided.

We previously used Cisco UCS. Cisco is quite well-known, as are its net app, switches, etc. it's much simpler to add support and engineers to Cisco as the systems are relatively well known by most in IT. With Huawei, there's a bit more training involved because it's less well-known. However, it's less expensive.

The initial setup was actually done by the Huawei team itself. There was not much of effort from our side. We just watched and learned about the product and how it's implemented.

Huawei handled the implementation for us. They were fantastic. We were quite satisfied with the level of service they provided.

The solution is less expensive than most competitors, including Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with Huawei.

I'd advise others to give the solution a try. It's less expensive than other solutions, so it can save a company money.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten overall.