Huawei NGFW Review

Easy to use and the support is impressive

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We have deployed it to five sites, so far, and the customers use it to protect their data.

What is most valuable?

I had no difficulty using the Huawei NGFW. It is easier to use than some similar solutions by other vendors.

What needs improvement?

The firewall needs to be more configurable.

I would like to see an antivirus solution included with the product.

We have been using the Huawei NGFW for more than three years.

We have had no difficulty with bugs, glitches, or instability in general.

It is very easy to scale this solution. We have had no trouble with scalability.

We have received technical support many times and they are very good. I am very impressed with the support.

I have also worked with a similar solution from Sophos and the Huawei NGFW is better. One advantage that Sophos has is that there is antivirus functionality included.

Normally, the initial setup is straightforward. The length of time for deployment depends on the client, their environment, and the requirements. For a basic configuration, we can normally deploy within three to five working days. Sometimes, it will take longer because of the requirements, but the basic configuration should not be any longer.

Licensing fees are billed on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good firewall. They provide good support and I recommend it.

More Huawei NGFW reviews from users