Huawei OceanStor Dorado Review

Simple to use with powerful applications

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and the Huawei OceanStor Dorado is one of the products that we are working on for a customer. There are a lot of use cases for it, primarily in the financial and banking sectors.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are CDP and Metro in the Hyper applications.

The majority of our customers find this solution simple to use.

We have been dealing with Huawei for the past 10 years.

This is a stable solution.

It is very easy to scale products by Huawei.

Most of our clients who purchase this product are small and medium-sized businesses, although we do have some enterprise-level customers.

Huawei provides different types of services in our region. There are Hi-Care and Co-Care. The Hi-Care services are provided directly by Huawei, whereas Co-Care services are handled by partners. Overall, the support is fine.

I have experience with solutions from other vendors such as Dell EMC and NetApp. The initial setup is easiest with Huawei.

The initial setup is very simple. It will take only five or ten minutes for deployment and the initial tests.

My company has an in-house team that handles the implementation and services for our clients. If the client purchases a maintenance contract then we take care of that, as well.

There are some costs in addition to the standard licensing fees, depending on the requirements. Examples of these are the HyperMetro, HyperReplication, and HyperSnapshot (HyperSnap) features.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering OceanStor Dorado is that it is a very reliable solution with good features. It is a well-established product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Huawei OceanStor Dorado reviews from users