Huawei OceanStor Dorado Review

Fast support, easy to deploy, priced competitively, and well-serves our DR purposes

What is our primary use case?

We have this product deployed in our data center and are using it for DR purposes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Snap Mirroring.

What needs improvement?

If they implement a backup solution directly into the OceanStor then it will be a valuable feature.

We have been using Huawei OceanStor Dorado for between four and five years.

This is a stable product that we can use for DR in production. We plan to continue using it.

This solution is scalable and you can expand it to petabytes. We have more than 500 users.

Huawei's technical support is very advanced. Customers can directly approach a Huawei technical person by logging a ticket and providing an email address. They will definitely respond in one or two hours.

The support is fast but the customer needs to understand what data they need for support.

We call use another storage product, the Dell EMC Unity 300.

The installation and configuration are quite simple.

The length of time required for deployment depends on your scenario. If you deploy it as a DR site, it will take between three and four hours to complete. This includes all of the features.

We implemented and deployed in-house.

Not many people are needed for deployment maintenance. A minimum of two people can deploy and manage it.

All of the brands have different architectures for licensing. Some licenses come standard with the product, whereas some you need to buy.

This product is not too expensive, and the price is competitive on the market.

What other advice do I have?

For me, this is a good solution and there is no need to improve it. I recommend it to others.

Dorado 3000 v6
More Huawei OceanStor Dorado reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC Unity XT
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.