Huawei OceanStor Dorado Review

Good stability and performance with helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for our VMware and some of our systems.

What is most valuable?

We like that the solution is all-flash.

The solution has a sufficient amount of storage on offer.

The solution is very stable.

So far, we have found it to be quite scalable.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward and not overly complex. The installation and management are very easy.

The performance is very good.

Technical support is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The solution can always be more stable.

The product could always be faster.

I've been using this solution for about four months or so. It's still relatively new.

The solution's stability is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is reliable.

We have found the scalability to be pretty good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

We have about 5,000 users on the solution currently.

We do have plans to increase usage in the future.

The technical support is quite good. They are helpful and responsive. We've been happy with their level of support.

We did previously have another solution, however, I can't recall what the actual name of the product was.

The installation is not overly complex. it's not difficult. It's straightforward. We didn't have any issues with the setup process.

It's a hardware installation. Afterward, the software installation is done for management purposes.

We have four people on staff that can handle any maintenance required. They are all engineers.

We used a Huawei consultant. The process went smoothly and we were happy to have their assistance.

It's my understanding that we paid a one-time licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user.

We use the Dorado 6000 model and it is the latest version.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten overall. We have been quite satisfied with the solution.

I'd definitely recommend the solution to others.

More Huawei OceanStor Dorado reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC Unity XT
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.