Huawei OceanStor Dorado Review

The technical support is great and I like the deduplication features and the graphical user interface

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for production.

What is most valuable?

The deduplication features and the graphical user interface (GUI) of the solution are the most valuable to me.

What needs improvement?

An area of this product that has room for improvement is the NAS capability.

I have been using this solution for around six months now.

The solution is very stable.

I am impressed by the scalability of the solution.

I've only had to use technical support a few times because the solution is very stable. They always have very good support.

We did previously use a different solution, but we switched due to Huawei's better price-performance ratio.

We used an integrator for the installation and the initial setup was really straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that it's a very good product and I'm very happy with it. In the next version, it would be nice to have a converged solution for NAS and SAN. On a scale from one to 10, where one is the worst and 10 is the best, I will rate a nine, because it's a very good product and it's stable. It just lacks automation support for automation products.