Huawei OceanStor Dorado Review

Plenty of features, priced well, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

Huawei OceanStor Dorado is a flash storage solution.

What is most valuable?

There are plenty of features available in this solution.

What needs improvement?

This solution can improve by providing easier migrations and better Metro features.

In an upcoming release, Huawei could improve by adding migration services to allow customers to migrate from other solutions, such as HPE or Dell. This would help make this solution more attractive to those wanting to switch.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is highly stable.

I have clients of all business sizes.

The support is good. However, there are times when it can be challenging.

I have previously used IBM, HPE, Dell, and Lenovo and when comparing Huawei OceanStor Dorado, it is a very good solution.

The difficulty level of the installation depends on the client's environment. There are easy installations and very complicated ones. For example, if the client needs to have replication and backups a few times a day and there is more than a 200-kilometer distance for the data to be transferred it can be difficult.

We usually recommend our customers choose advanced licensing and enterprise companies are more inclined to choose this solution because it is more cost-effective than competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Huawei OceanStor Dorado a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Solutions provider
More Huawei OceanStor Dorado reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC Unity XT
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.