Huawei OceanStor Review

Good flexibility, straightforward to set up, and it is stable

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integration company and we are working with Huawei OceanStor products. It is mainly used for virtualization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flexibility in the rail, as it is hybrid storage. It can be used for many different use cases, depending on what our customer requests.

What needs improvement?

The administration should be simplified because there are a large number of options that make it too complicated, and the customers can get confused. The V6 has already been improved and is much simpler, but the V3 is not.

I have been working with Huawei OceanStor for a couple of months.

I have not seen any bugs or glitches.

The technical support is okay. It depends on whether you are asking the right questions. If you do then you get the right answers, but when the team is asking something that is not straight, then you won't solve the problem right away.

In the past, I have had lots of experience with different storage vendors. I worked for many of them. I have found that most of them are using the same disks, so it is hard to point to things that differentiate them. For the most part, the functionality is the same but the functions have different names.

The initial setup is okay and there is not much difficulty involved. The deployment can be completed in a couple of hours.

What other advice do I have?

V3, V6
More Huawei OceanStor reviews from users
...who compared it with Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.