Huawei Wireless Review

Good speed and mobility, good interfaces, and user friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use it for a campus network. We have something like 4G or 5G at the backend, and we have deployed a setpoint at the frontend to provide the services. It is an enterprise-level deployment. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is based on 802.11ax, which is a new technology. There are several valuable things, such as its speed and mobility. There are options for self-organizing networking so that it can perform operations and maintain itself. Its three interfaces are very good and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

As such, there are no problems. It has been good. There were some issues with the network design, but that is not specifically related to the product. We had to make some improvements in the network design. The product as such is fine, and there are no big issues.

We are using the latest version having most of the features available in the industry, so the specs are very high. If something new comes up new in the industry, it needs to be incorporated into the product.

I have been using this solution for about five to six years.

It is stable. There are some issues, but they are more related to design and installation.

It is scalable. You can scale up. Depending on the requirement, you can add extra nodes.

We deployed it for another organization as a system integrator. They have at least 100 people within the campus network. There are also visitors.

It depends on what kind of agreement we have with them. In some agreements, we can only contact them in case there is something wrong with the product and we need replacement, which is fine because we have the backups. So, we can easily manage that.

The initial setup was easy. We used user-oriented manuals and guidelines for design and installation, so it was fine.

We spent a lot of time on the design. Therefore, at the time of installation, it didn't take much time. For installation, we were sure what we wanted to do, so it went okay. It was not like plug and play, but overall, it was good.

It is not monthly. It is a kind of perpetual licensing. We pay once depending on the kind of services we need to deliver. There are no licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it depends on the kind of use case we are going into. The main advice is to use the latest technology.

I would rate Huawei Wireless a nine out of ten.

More Huawei Wireless reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Huawei Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.