Huawei Wireless Review

Extremely competitive pricing with good stability and speed

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good value for money. The access points on offer are very comparable to what is on the market, and it comes in at a much cheaper price.

The speed of the solution is good.

The stability is great so far.

We've found the scalability to be quite good.

What needs improvement?

They should actually first test the equipment thoroughly and then launch it. Sometimes, things come out too soon, before they are ready. What happens is they launch too early, and then a problem is found and they have to fix it and the client gets very annoyed.

The initial setup is a bit complex.

The configuration is not that easy. Specifically, using the GUI interface is quite difficult to understand.

I've been working with the solution for about six months or so.

The stability of the solution is very good. It doesn't have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's pretty reliable.

The solution can scale well. A company shouldn't have any issues with expanding the solution.

Typically, our clients are small and medium-sized organizations.

Technical support is quite good. I'd rate them at an eight out of ten. We're mostly satisfied with the level of support we receive.

While the response is great, occasionally, the competency isn't there.

We also use Cisco. We're partners with them as well.

We've used Aruba, however, I find the solution quite bad.

The initial setup is pretty complex. It's not exactly straightforward.

The configuration process is not so easy and the GUI is a bit difficult, which makes it a bit harder than it needs to be.

The solution is not expensive at all. It's very reasonable and very competitive.

What other advice do I have?

We are Huawei and Cisco partners and we're an IT company.

I'd recommend the solution to others. I'd rate the product eight out of ten. If the setup was easier I'd likely rate it higher.

More Huawei Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Huawei Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.