Huawei Wireless Review

Stellar solution with good stability but the visibility needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use the on-premises version. I believe they don't have a private cloud offering yet on the controller. Either way, it's on-premises that we are using now.

What is most valuable?

That would be more of engineering at this point. I'm from more of the business side. It's pretty much doing the standard installations with portal integrations and integrations with the Mac.

What needs improvement?

Improving the visibility, control offered, and cloud management would all be very helpful. Also how you can monetize the information you get from Wi-Fi controllers should be improved.

We have been using and reselling this solution for almost three years now.

It's pretty stable.

The scalability depends on which model you are using. It is pretty scalable for an enterprise. We haven't tried it on a cloud model, so I wouldn't know.

We don't have that many users internally. We're mostly using it for some fragments in the innovation center. We mainly use a different solution. We are using it in different fragments of the management department. We don't have a bulk of users there, but as an estimate, you could say 50 to 60 users.

The customer support is pretty good.

We have different vendors we work with. We work with Cisco and Aruba as well.

We do a standard installation unless there's a requirement from the customer to customize it. If there is customization, that can get as complex as it can be in an enterprise environment.

Deployment time varies. There's no standard. A very standard configuration is about a day or two, but that still depends.

We have all sizes of customers.

What other advice do I have?

It's a pretty good solution. The design has to be right. If the design is done properly and the conditions are right, it's a stellar product.

It would probably be a seven or eight out of ten.

More Huawei Wireless reviews from users