HVR Software Review

Good stability and scalability, easy setup, and valuable compare feature

What is our primary use case?

I'm responsible for replicating the data from one source to another. It is constantly running, and we do nothing other than looking at monitoring reports. Once it is established, it is pretty much hands-off.

We are not using its latest version. We are slow to migrate to the new version. We wait until there is a need to upgrade, and we are generally one or two versions behind.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

The compare feature is the most valuable piece of it.

What needs improvement?

The documentation can be laid out better to make it easier to find things, and I really wish there was built-in support for changing passwords.

Some features don't work as advertised for the platform/repository database, and HVR is not always the fastest at getting results.

I have been using this solution for three years.

We like its stability.

We like its scalability.

They are adequate.

I have used GoldenGate replication previously.

Installing the software is really straightforward. Getting your replication stream working is a little bit more complicated, but it is not overly complicated.

Its deployment was done in-house. It took weeks.

There are two people to manage it and make sure that it is working. They are part of the data team or the infrastructure team making sure that we're building our analytic pipeline.

I don't have the exact information, but I know it is high, and it is on a yearly basis. There is no additional cost for what we're doing.

We're always open to doing things cheaper, so we might potentially implement a different solution.

We looked at Informatica, but one of the sources that we had was only supported with HVR. That's why we went with HVR.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HVR an eight out of ten.

More HVR Software reviews from users
...who compared it with Informatica PowerCenter
Find out what your peers are saying about HVR Software, Qlik, Oracle and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.