Hyland OnBase Review

A remarkable all-in-one platform with amazing stability and scalability and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

It is used for basic documents. It is like a document manager.

I am working with Foundation on EP3. We have clients with on-premises deployments, and we have clients with cloud deployments.

What is most valuable?

OnBase is a remarkable tool. It is a well-done product. Hyland has a lot of experience in building it and looking for new things for clients in terms of functionalities.

It has amazing stability, and it can grow horizontally and vertically. It is built for growth. Their technical support is also quite good and available throughout the year.

What needs improvement?

For user experience, they would have to do more with the interface. It is not easy to work with and is a little messy. It is getting better, but it is not yet good enough. Other products are comparatively doing better in terms of the user interfaceI have been hearing about Box, which is very easy to use and learn for the users. OnBase has to work on this aspect.

It should have BPM capabilities. We compete with tools that provide the BPM feature and support those standards.

They can do better in terms of the pricing model. It is a really expensive tool in Latin America. They should have different prices for different regions.

I have been using this solution for more than 12 years.

It is a really stable platform. It is amazing.

Its scalability is good. You can grow horizontally and vertically. It is built for growth. If you want to grow to add new products in the same solution, you can do it. If you want to increase the number of users, you can easily do that. You may have to add some servers.

Our customers usually are large businesses with large projects. Most of our clients have been working with OnBase for the last ten years. They are growing year by year.

Their technical support is quite good. We get support 24 hours and 365 days a year. It never stops. They are working even during the United States holidays. They have support even on those days.

It depends on the complexity of the project. We have a lot of clients who had simple projects, and they have been growing and expanding. We also had clients who had a complex project as the first project. In my opinion, it is better to start small and then grow. OnBase allows you to do that.

Its deployment might take from two weeks to a month. It depends on the complexity of the project.

We normally compete with Oracle and IBM. These are the main competitors. OpenText is also a competitor but not the main one.

The main difference from other solutions is that OnBase is one and only one platform. You don't have to integrate other things. You have one solution for everything. When you install and begin to use OnBase, you use other functionalities like switching the licenses. You don't have to reinstall or install new software to add functionality, which is an attractive thing for the customers.

What other advice do I have?

The best way to get the best out of this solution is by starting small. Start with a single solution, and then increase the complexity. OnBase allows you to start this way, and it is a cheaper, quicker, and the best way to get a good solution at the end.

I would rate Hyland OnBase an eight out of ten.

More Hyland OnBase reviews from users
...who compared it with OpenText 360 for SharePoint
Find out what your peers are saying about Hyland, Nintex, Informatica and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.