Hyland

Hyland OnBase Review
It is modular, and enabled us to build pipeline management, sales workflow, and supporting reports.

Valuable Features

I like the flexibility and its modular nature that allows us to create solutions that meet our business needs. I think of OnBase as a utility player. It’s not built for a specific industry or function. If you are creative and use the myriad of tools, such APIs and ShareBase, you can support/facilitate almost any business process with it.

Improvements to My Organization

We weren’t big enough or complex enough to purchase a CRM. We used this tool to build pipeline management, sales workflow, and supporting reports.

Room for Improvement

As the system grows in terms of number of modules, features, and functionality, options can be confusing and they can conflict with other options that you enable. Although it is better than it was, the upgrade process still presents a challenge. Because of the modular nature of this tool, you may need to package multiple installers to complete the upgrade process.

Use of Solution

We have used this solution for 11 years.

We rarely have stability issues. We use Hyland Global Services.

We have not had any scalability issues.

Technical support is good. Like any vendor, you need to put some pressure on them occasionally.

We did not have a previous solution. The first company I worked for moved from a paper-based system to imaging. My current company relied on shared drives before this system.

It’s really just a set of tools. I’ve seen too many implementations that didn’t have the right people involved. The system was set up to fail, and the end users had difficulty finding and storing documents. Users think they have a bad system, but the problem was caused by a poor configuration.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It’s very modular. With every incremental implementation, there will probably be additional license fees.

Other Advice

Make sure you have the right kind of person on your team with business knowledge and technical aptitude. Make sure you learn the toolset before you dive into the configuration.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Hyland OnBase?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.