Pros of Hyper-V are-
1) Dynamic memory allocation for the virtual machines by efficient usage real time memory distribution architecture
2) More number of virtual machines per Hyper-V host through VDI technology
3) One of the best features in Hyper V is of live migration of running virtual machines and instances to another server in case of a failure
4) Dynamic I/O redirection using cluster node connectivity
5) Inbuilt Powershell feature to automate backup instances
6) Good virtual network and networking support for enhanced utilization of resources
Room for Improvement:
Few cons of Hyper-V are-
1) Licensing costs
2) Vulnerable to server failure
3) Lacks advanced features of virtualization platform
4) More consumption of CPU, memory and need more disk I/O bandwidth than physical servers
The hypervisor based server visualization product, launched from Microsoft along with Microsoft Server 2008 R2, greatly helps in managing high availability, load balancing, resource sharing, and fail over clustering. It is a reliable solution, from enterprises to small scale industries, to make the best use of server resources and reducing costs. It enables multiple instances of machines to run together on the same server, which maintains redundancy.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 03 2012