Hyper-V Review

We can use hardware sources more efficiently and for less money

What is our primary use case?

It's possible to manage virtual servers on the same physical platform and so I can use hardware sources more efficiently.

How has it helped my organization?

We had a physical server and now I can use different operating systems and different platforms on the same hardware. For example, in one instance Windows 7 was almost SQR and another instance was Active Directory and yet another was Linux and an antivirus.

What is most valuable?

I think that Hyper-V is going in a good direction and I think that the current improvements are moving Hyper-V from 2008 to 2016. I think all of these improvements are going in a good direction. For me, its direction is good and I'm very satisfied with this product.

What needs improvement?

I am using this solution with E-Notes. I heard that there will be future improvements in integration of the E-notes systems. This would be very helpful.

I also am waiting for improvements in networking and life migration.

More than five years.

I have not had any problems with the stability of the solution.

I was very satisfied with the scalability of the solution.

We previously used VMware, but we switched because Hyper-V is cheaper and delivers the same stability for less money.

Initial setup was straight forward. It was easy and fast. It took me between a half an hour to an hour for complete deployment. The most complex part is the networking. I have two administrators who maintain the solution.

The licensing of this solution is quite easy because the basic server of Hyper-V is free because it is included in the server license.