IBM API Connect Review

Feature-rich and stable, but it's expensive, and the automation and simplicity could be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for external API spotters and API.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us mainly with the corporation, ownerships with other partners.

It makes it possible to create close companies with processes to develop mutually, and digital solutions.

This is our main benefit.

What is most valuable?

The suite itself is what I find valuable. It has all of the tools that are needed for the specific mission. I have the portal, I have the run time and the security.

The solution itself is valuable.

What needs improvement?

The automation and the simplicity could be improved.

They could also have more frequent additions.

I would like to see the simplicity improved to make it very easy to deploy and to make it very easy for the regular developer, not an API special developer.

I would like the developers to be able to develop APIs and to make them more accessible.

I would also like to have a DevOps built-in process that is very fast and easy.

The monitoring suite should be ready-made and not have to tailor-make my home.

I have been working with IBM API Connect for three years.

It's a very stable solution.

Our work is very basic. We have not dealt with scaling.

It's IBM, and they take time. I am from Isreal and the support is always from abroad. It's a heaving process.

At times when we have issues and have decided not to turn to support since we know it will take time, and the effort is not as understandable, but we will have a solution at the end of it.

Technical support is an area that needs improvement.

The installation is pretty complex.

We must also take into consideration that I am referring to the on-premises installation, which by definition is much harder, and relatively speaking it is a bit complex.

It is quite an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IBM API Connect a seven out of ten.

More IBM API Connect reviews from users
...who compared it with Tyk
Learn what your peers think about IBM API Connect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.