IBM API Connect Review

Provides a user interface for designing and securing your APIs.

What is most valuable?

It provides a good, simplified user interface to design and secure your APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

First of all, it gels well with the other IBM products that we have. It resolves some of those integration problems that we earlier used to have. It provides OAuth2 authentication, which is like what we use in our APIs. So, these are the two main benefits of this product, as compared to what we were using earlier.

What needs improvement?

A lot of the features require improvement, such as better integration with the other suites of the product and a more secured way to put it on the cloud. Another useful feature needed is to make API development more easier and simpler for development, especially on the management of other artifacts, like the client IDs and other stuff.

I would rate the stability a seven to eight out of ten; it's still evolving. There are features which are missing, that are there in the other similar product from another vendor. Overall, it's good.

The scalability is good, it's at par.

We have used a lot of the technical support! We work with IBM on a lot of custom enhancements, that suits our needs. They are really proactive in regards to listening to the customers. So, they also provide a few fix packs to us sometimes.

We have a relationship with IBM. They approached us with this product and as I mentioned earlier, it integrates pretty well with our other IBM products that we use in-house. So that made us to go toward this product.

IBM are the market leaders, when it comes to integration technology. So, their proven ability and experience is why we chose this vendor.

Experience is the number one criteria while selecting a vendor. The second factor is the brand and the relationship, of course, it matters.

We do have other vendors that we use. However, the majority of our integration is on IBM.

What other advice do I have?

It's good. They have really good use cases. So, it's worth investing time in these products, and if it suits your needs, then you can really go for it. It does support a wide variety of use cases.