IBM API Connect Review

Proficient tool allows our customers to expose their tech to external stakeholders

What is our primary use case?

We have done many implementations using API Connect. We work with some of the largest financial institutions in India, including life insurance companies and some of the banks.

We have done most of them on-premise. The customers, because they are financial institutions and insurance companies, prefer to have this on their own premises and their own data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows enterprises to expose some of their tech to outside stakeholders.

We have been implementing solutions with IBM API Connect for five to six years.

I would like to see automation of the installation. If there could be a single-click function where you could automate everything, that would be helpful. There should also be tools to automate the migratation from the older versions to the newer version. That would be another point that would bring my rating of it closer to 10 out of 10.

IBM sets the pricing, but it would be a good idea to bring down the pricing by at least 20 to 30 percent.

What other advice do I have?

I would certainly recommend IBM API Connect for clients who are going with an enterprise version of implementation and when they have enough budget. Of course, if they have budget limitations, they can consider open-source solutions.

As implementers, we have a big resource pool here in India. All our associates have expertise with API Connect as well as IBM App Connect.

As of now, it is serving the needs of our customers. It is quite a proficient tool. It satisfies all of our requirements.

More IBM API Connect reviews from users