IBM API Connect Review

Stable and straightforward to set up, provides a good platform for API development

What is our primary use case?

We help systems integrators and vendors in choosing different types of platforms for building an open API gateway for banks. We evaluate and test different types of API gateways. We follow our internal testing scenarios to make sure that the product meets requirements. This is all we do.

What is most valuable?

API Connect is a very good platform for the development of APIs.

What needs improvement?

They seem to have left out a feature for microservices and also a certification module for OIDC. So it would be a good idea for the authentication module to have OIDC certification.

I have been working with IBM API Connect for about half a year.

As far as I know, there haven't been any issues with the stability of the solution.

There are also no issues with the scalability.

We don't have any connection with IBM.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

I am also familiar with Xware and WSO2 API Manager. They have a different type of development cycle and features compared to API Connect. It's on the development side that they're different. It depends on the type of application.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend API Connect to a vendor or financial institutions that are looking at using it. It's a nine out of 10. It's missing the authentication module so programming and customizing that takes a lot of time.

More IBM API Connect reviews from users
...who compared it with Tyk
Learn what your peers think about IBM API Connect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.