IBM App Connect Review

It has a graphical developer interface. I wish it could reach out to the network folders.

What is most valuable?

We originally purchased Cast Iron because of its connections to Salesforce.

How has it helped my organization?

Because it has a graphical developer interface, we can quickly develop solutions that are connecting to anything on the cloud, without having to build those connectors ourselves.

What needs improvement?

I'm happy to see that Swagger is introduced because we're going to combine it with IBM API Connect. I wish it could reach out to the network folders, because that's the one thing we haven't been able to do well with it and that is to get network file systems.

It's been stable. We haven't had any problems with its stability.

Because we have the Hypervisor Edition, we have run into scalability issues. Since it transforms everything in to XML, the payloads get pretty big and slow. We have to keep that in mind when we determine when to use it versus when to use something else for batch instances. But, we've found for real-time, the quick connections across it works fine.

I have used the tech support, at the very beginning when we had it. We didn't really know how to use it and they were very helpful.

We weren't using any other solution. We wanted to be able to connect to Salesforce. We have IBM InfoSphere DataStage and the connector for DataStage was a lot more expensive at the time.

The setup was a little big complicated because I hadn't done it before. But, now we've had Cast Iron for quite a while and we've just purchased IBM App Connect, a new version. We'll be standing that up and I think it'll be simple for us.

We went with IBM for Cast Iron because we had already been using IBM products. This solution fits with what we needed it to do and with the rest of our landscape, i.e., the other IBM products.

A vendor that we trust and that's been around, is the most important criteria while selecting a vendor.

What other advice do I have?

It's been very good. There were issues only because of it's scalability, since we have the Hypervisor Edition, that we've run in to some of the sizing that has impacts on the performance.

Give this one a try, especially the new IBM App Connect because it fits so well with the new design and the way it fits in with the new APIs. You can build out new APIs with it. I would say to use it.