IBM Application Performance Management Review

Dramatically increased our response time

What is our primary use case?

Our day-to-day use cases are coming from our artificial intelligence system. It is picking up all the data from several tools, analyzing it, and then giving them a solution on how to resolve problems. It's proactive; it signals if something is going to happen before it is actually happening.

How has it helped my organization?

IBM Application Performance Management has improved the way my organization is able to function. We had customers in Belgium and Singapore that said that after we implemented, they experienced a 60% improvement and no more outages in the IP environment. And all the applications were very stable.

IBM Application Performance Management helped us increased our response time by 80% and cost 60% less.

What is most valuable?

I found that the transaction monitors are very helpful. So is the data integration that we can make to the APIs of our own artificial intelligence.

Another valuable feature of IBM Application Performance Management is that it is fully based on cognitive and analytics. Even I can make a connection to Watson, which can give me a very quick upsize if something is going too wrong.

What needs improvement?

The room for improvement is that it's still missing some platforms. For example, if you look to applications itself, it is missing the interface. But the great thing is they have a development kit to help us create our own monitors for it.

I have been using this solution since it came out. I was a beta tester for them, as well. Overall, it's been six years since I started working with it.

Scalability is no problem at all. You can deploy; it's very easy. Once it is running on a data center, there's 20,000 systems and is easily deployed within two days. And it is scalable also, you can put as many front ends in as you want.

The technical support is not really good, I must say.

It's not really straightforward, but it is also not too complex. To implement, you need above-average knowledge of Linux for Windows, more than a normal administrator.

What other advice do I have?

You have to start small; don't do everything at once. Instead, focus on, for example, three or four applications and their related systems. Then, you can build up slowly.

8.4
More IBM Application Performance Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, AppDynamics, Dynatrace and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.