IBM B2B Integrator Review

Good data formatting and transformation functions

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and B2B Integrator is one of the products that I implement for my clients.

This tool helps with understanding the products by improving communications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features assist with understanding data formats and transforming data.

What needs improvement?

The tool requires you to write a lot of code in Java and XSLT, which makes development tough. There are other tools such as Dell Boomi that do not need as much coding.

The initial setup can be made a little easier.

Support for microservices is somewhat lacking.

I used IBM B2B Integrator for about one year.

The stability of IBM products is better than other vendors.

I think that scalability is good. Two or three people might be required to work on a small project, whereas larger projects may need between five and ten users.

I have experience with a few similar solutions from different vendors. One of them is MuleSoft, which is leading in the support for microservices but are concentrating on API-related tasks.

The initial setup was a little bit complex.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product but I would prefer one that requires less code.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

7.5
More IBM B2B Integrator reviews from users
...who compared it with Mule Anypoint Platform
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Seeburger, Software AG and others in Business-to-Business Middleware. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.