IBM B2B Integrator Review

I like the ability to customize it, manage partners, and manipulate the files.

What is most valuable?

I like the ability to:

• Customize
  • Manage partners
  • Do all the file transfers that it handles
  • Write code
  • Manipulate the files: Zip and unzip files, PGP the files, or any type of file manipulation

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to set up partners and communicate with our different vendors, in regards to file transfers for the bank.

What needs improvement?

Ciphers: Security around ciphers and handling the changes within that industry could use improvement. They could make it easier to enable and remove ciphers that you don't want to use or that have been deprecated, etc.

We have had no issues with stability.

We have had no issues with scalability.

The support I've had for the application is really good. They are very professional, courteous, helpful, and they get back in contact with you in a timely fashion.

I started with a company that was using Connect Enterprise, and it was just too open to scripting.

People weren't writing the same type of scripts, and it wasn't the type of application where someone could come in and pick it up. It was good that they got Sterling Integrator.

I was not involved in the initial setup at my particular job, but I was in the past. The complexity depends on how you want to use the app. You can definitely use it as is, out-of-the-box. However, most customers are going to want to customize it to their business.

They actually looked at Axway, and I think about five or six other vendors. We ended up going with Sterling Integrator because of its ease of deployment. You could jump in anywhere and deploy it on the server.

What other advice do I have?

I would give them basic information about how to set it up to make sure that it runs efficiently. I would give them performance advice, as well as configuration advice on how to deal with partners, bringing files in and sending files out.

More IBM B2B Integrator reviews from users