IBM B2B Integrator Review

It has a number of different components that can fit together. Visibility would probably be the most important improvement.

What is most valuable?

• It has a number of different components that can fit together.
  • People can use or not use certain things.
  • It integrates with some of the tools like IBM Transformation Extender.
  • It is a B2B gateway rather than just an EDI translator.

How has it helped my organization?

They have modernized the solution recently and added some things. EDI translators have been around for a long time, so they've added things like advanced coms and global mail-boxing to make it much more real-time and with high availability. It is a good value.

What needs improvement?

Visibility would probably be the most important thing, so I can see the transactions points through and start to do some analytics from them.

I think it's pretty stable. It needs some additional things like visibility. That's why we look to partners who provide that kind of visibility. That is something that could be changed.

The product is stable. There are some things that they can do to enhance it, to make it a little bit more stable in terms of visibility of transactions.

The scalability is pretty good. It scales pretty well.

I have used technical support. Sometimes, it's hard to get through to the right people. It takes some time. My questions tend to be beyond level one, so I may really need to get to the higher levels of support. That can take some time and it can be a little frustrating.

What other advice do I have?

Be careful with the visibility. I think they are going in the right direction in a lot of things. Depending on the transformation that you need, we've got that built-in to the Sterling B2B product, which is good for basic transformation and mapping, but anything advanced would probably need Transformation Extender.

When selecting a vendor, I look for company stability and the direction of the product.

I know a lot of tools in this area have kind of been around for a long time and they didn't really change that much. IBM has done a lot to modernize it a fair bit, so it's been a pretty important bit.

Make sure you are keeping up with changes in the industry.

It is a decent solution and it has room for improvement.