IBM Blueworks Live Review

Gives insight into where processes can be more productive

What is our primary use case?

This is the best process analysis tool on the market.

How has it helped my organization?

Blueworks Live gives insight into where processes can be more productive. It gives that, "Ah ha!" moment from a visual perspective. Since a lot of people are visual, having this is helpful as it provides the ability to tweak, update, and refine processes so easily in Blueworks Live, that feeds improvement.

It enables decisions based upon processes that we do model, and ultimately move forward with.

The solution has improved our business processes.

What is most valuable?

The usability is easy peasy. Most of the users from the business who do use Blueworks Live have found the tool through me. I end up training them on it, and they have been using it ever since. They don't usually come back to me for needs after the fact.

What needs improvement?

We haven't yet been able to dabble in case management with Blueworks Live, as it is not yet offered with the product.

We've been using this solution for almost ten years.

The stability is rock solid. I don't have any issues with stability.

I don't have any issue with scalability.

I haven't had to use the technical support, so that is saying something.

The initial setup was easy.

We are seeing ROI from this solution. The solution has saved us time.

This is the only product that I have used in this space.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend starting small when using this product.

We are using IBM BAW. We are also using Automation Anywhere throughout the organization, so the sky is the limit. We are planning to expand automation in our organization. We have several onboarding processes and still have a plethora of manual processes that we have yet to automate. Therefore, the platform is only growing.

From the IBM DBA portfolio, we are using: BAW, ODM, RPA, FileNet, and Datacap.

The solution helps us indirectly with compliance or governance issues.

I attended the business track and client success track at the IBM event, tackling one of each. The biggest take away for me was the focus on journey maps and design thinking.