IBM Blueworks Live Review

Good mega process maps and a straightforward setup but doesn't have that much modeling capability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for process discovery, from end to end.

What is most valuable?

The mega process maps are very easy to use. You can do standard things like indicating which applications to use or to look at different pieces of information that are linked to the process. This helps with polices, etc.

What needs improvement?

The solution is a very basic discovery product so it doesn't have that much modeling capability. This can be improved.

The solution needs to be seamlessly integrated with downstream automation.

I've been using the solution for about four years.

The solution is stable. All the refreshes run very well.

The solution is scalable. It can work for companies that have 50,000 or 200,000 users and can be managed quite well.

Technical support rolled out according to the licensing scheme.

The initial setup is straightforward. The solution offers up a lot of documentation that helps with the process. Deployment takes about one month.

The licensing costs are based on the number of users. There are editor licenses and UA licenses.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd advise users that they need to look at how relevant the discovery process is, and how quickly you can maintain it or its life cycle as things change. They should also note how it interfaces with other platforms that are integrated into their automation robotics. It's important users know what they are doing and what problems the solution will solve for them.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. It's a competitive field, so there's always somebody who's better in some aspects.

More IBM Blueworks Live reviews from users