IBM BPM Review

A great BPM product for big companies. It needs to offer more configuration options than coding options.

What is most valuable?

• The simulator of process execution
  • Toolkits and workspace for sharing resources
  • Adapters for different technological environments
  • SOA infrastructure, embedded ESB
  • Backup (export) and restore (import) system (Snapshot)
  • Speed and ease of deployment + governance / version management

How has it helped my organization?

The scenario was a process of renewal of customer contracts, the improvements were :
  • Faster: industrialization of the renewal process with the automation of certain tasks and a clarified organization can handle a case 3 times faster.
  • More efficient: the renewal part by weight of non-renegotiated contracts processed instantly and adjustments made possible by monitoring the real-time tasks significantly increase the capacity of quantitative and qualitative processing contracts.
  • Less expensive: the time saved as well as automated controls in place to avoid human errors and double entry treatments are examples of significant gains.

What needs improvement?

The tool needs to offer more configuration options than coding options. Develop the intuitive side to reach some functionalities (help).

I used the solution for about 6 months to develop an application based on health services process.

Yes, especially integration and browser's version compatibility problems. We also had some performance issues due to the lack of technical architecture knowledge.

None

None

Customer Service: GoodTechnical Support: Intermediate

Did not use any other solution

It was complex for some of us (IT but non technical profiles)

We were the vendor team and worked with IBM

N/A (Confidential)

What other advice do I have?

Be careful about the technical architecture and migration planning/resources