IBM BPM Review
We are implementing the tool to triple our monthly transaction volume

What is our primary use case?

We are changing the major database in our financial sector. We moving to a paperless process and added a risk engine to make the decision for each loan.

We use it to evaluate each loan. We have people doing the evaluation of each loan and use BPM to accelerate the process by having metrics between tracking points. We are use validation on the screens to avoid errors.

We are also using ODM and Avast Enterprise Business services.

How has it helped my organization?

• It controls the risk.
  • We reduced the PCL (credit losses).
  • Its efficiency in reducing costs.
  • We are going from a paper to a paperless process.

In the future, we would like to reduce the resources used to manage the process.

What is most valuable?

Controlling the operation. We have metrics about fraud, risks, etc.

We like that it does not require a lot of hours to train our people.

What needs improvement?

More customization. We like to customize the screens to show more things related to our company. Customization is very important for us; the complexity to build a solution. We need to make changes quickly, and sometimes the IBM team is very slow with the product evolution or changes to the tool.

Still implementing.

It is performing very well. We are building the solution right now and launching in August.

We are moving to this tool because we have more than 40,000 transactions a month, and we would like to triple this amount.

Our next step is to scale and change the repayment process.

The technical support is very good. We are with an IBM partner.

We contact technical support because sometimes we have problems with our IBM servers failing. The support is always responsive in fixing the issue.

We did not have a previous solution.

The initial setup was complex. It is not always easy to launch a new platform and it needed better coordination with IBM.

We worked with a business partner to implement the solution. We worked with a business partner because they know how to implement solutions in each market. I am from Latin America, and this partner knows our market. Four years ago, I worked with IBM New York and it was difficult to apply these market solutions in Latin American. However, with this partner, they are aware of our market in Peru.

What other advice do I have?

Start with a PoC. Do small changes, then take a step back and grow with the platform.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Experience, teamwork, and resolution, because any project has its complications. We want a partner who will resolve these problems quickly.

Free Report