IBM BPM Review

What is our primary use case?

Automating business processes to reduce the amount of people in the business.

For example, when policy participants go on pension, then we automate the process by sending letters automatically, setting reminders, etc.

By automating several tasks, we have already reduced a lot of work for the business.

How has it helped my organization?

We made the transformation to agile. Altogether with BPM, it is the total package.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use.

What needs improvement?

Consider an admin console during deployment. I would like to migrate single instances, not the whole bunch at once.

Stability is mostly good.

Scalability is pretty good.

Technical support is pleasant to work with and always available.

We already had a bunch of WebSphere applications running, and have competence in it. BPM running on WebSphere allowed us not to have to build a completely new support team.

The initial setup was complex.

It was setup mostly by IBM.

At the moment, due to a takeover, we are evaluating between TIPCO and BPM (which we love).

What other advice do I have?

Build in phases, then extend afterwards, piece by piece.

More IBM BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Camunda Platform
Learn what your peers think about IBM BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.