IBM Business Automation Workflow Review

Helpful dashboard, good reporting, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are working in the banking industry. The bank has a data lake and they make use of the dashboards and reporting to access and work with their data.

What is most valuable?

The ability to connect between BAW processes and robotic processes is very useful.

The UA features in the framework are very good. It promotes reusability, which is an advantage for us.

The dashboards are helpful because you can display reports directly on your screen.

What needs improvement?

We are having a problem because we want to migrate to the cloud, but it necessitates using the Red Hat OpenShift platform.

Sometimes, we feel like we are not getting the full features of the content management capabilities. We find that some of the small players like NewGen and Documentum are doing a better job at this.

It is difficult to integrate with FileNet. It is already bundled and they are now using automatic integration, but it is lacking in usability.

We want something that is more platform-independent. For example, using the scanner application, we have to use a thick client. Even though we have a content analyzer, in some cases, we first scan with a thick client and then replace it with a thin client.

I have been working with IBM BPM systems for the past 20 years.

This is a scalable product.

The technical support is very good. We're getting on-time responses to all of our queries. We are working with the Middle East support team.

I have worked with different BPM products over the past 20 years and I find that IBM BAW has become a very mature one. It works very well compared to competing solutions.

What other advice do I have?

More IBM Business Automation Workflow reviews from users
...who compared it with Pega BPM
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Apache, Camunda and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.