IBM Business Automation Workflow Review

Flexible and stable, but it needs a better dashboard and user-friendly features

What is our primary use case?

We are in the initial stages and using general approvals in the office within the departments that move through this system.

What is most valuable?

It's a flexible solution.

What needs improvement?

I feel that the features are not user-friendly. For small things, we contact the consultants.

There should be some reporting feature for data access, as well as easy dashboards.

There are third-party reporting features available, and IBM's own reporting features, but they are much more expensive.

In the next release, they should have a good dashboard.

We have been working with IBM Business Automation Workflow for two years.

We are using the latest version.

It is a stable product. We have not had any issues.

We are still in the initial phases and not that many people are using it. We have not faced any issues with scalability.

We have between 30 to 50 users in our organization. We plan to continue using this solution.

We are trying to roll-out company-wide with the next couple of years and move towards IBM Business Automation.

Currently, we have a contract with the consultant and we do not need support from the vendor.

Previously, we did not use another solution. Most of what was used were manual.

We have a small team of three to four in-house and the consultant has a team of four to five.

The installation was done through a consultant.

There are licensing fees.

When you compare with Laserfiche and M-Files, IBM is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We being a government organization, our options are to select the product to open bidding.

At this time this product is being rolled out in the initial phase of implementation with the intention of going company-wide. So at this point, it's too early to switch to some other product.

This is a product that I would recommend to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate IBM Business Automation Workflow a seven out of ten.

More IBM Business Automation Workflow reviews from users
...who compared it with Pega BPM
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Apache, Camunda and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.