IBM Business Automation Workflow Review

It saves time by automating manual tasks

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple clients. We provide them multiple solutions. So, based on the customer needs, we propose different solutions to them. These solutions include FileNet, Datacap, etc.

We have contact centers, which we have also built for our client resolution. The contact centers interact with customers and understand their queries. We also create a case, so case management is also coming into the picture. There are different steps within the case activities where we try to resolve and close the case.

Right now, our clients are using ODM for rule engines, BPM processors, and the case management part.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps with compliance and governance issues.

It has had a positive effect on decision-making in my organization. It helps us with our dispute process.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable is how it improves the customer experience. Our company adds the value for the overall implementation, and clients always ask us, "Based on our investment, what value we will receive?" Automation will help them to improve their efficiency for any case resolution and improve the customer experience.

The usability is nice.

What needs improvement?

In the market, Appian is quoting, "Low quote or no quote." IBM is almost to the point of no quote, but it is not there yet.

Every client is moving to the cloud. We are still a little behind with IBM, but we are catching up from my point of view.

More education and training of users is required.

It is stable.

The scalability has been good so far. We don't have any problems with it.

With technical support, when we create a ticket, we receive a response on time.

There are old versions, which are not being supported in future, so we have to upgrade.

We have our own team for the deployment.

The solution increases productivity.

The solution has decreased operating costs. We see this at our customers' sites after implementation.

It has saved our customers time by automating manual tasks.

Nowadays, clients are looking at pricing as one of the major factors. For IBM products, they always think it is expensive for them. We are still educating our clients on the IBM FlexPoints licensing.

From an integration and security perspective, I think IBM is far better compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

The hybrid solution is something very good. We promote it to the client to try it out. It is great holistic, end-to-end tool, which is why I recommend it.

For the IBM portfolio, we have DBA, ODM, and BPM. They are very good for scalability and performance. They are also pretty stable right now.

We have third-party applications too. For integration, we are exposing our APIs, then they are consuming them. So, most of them are REST APIs.

Within the VPN, we have connectors that we are using.

We do have plans to expand our use of automation.

I will be attending the technical tracks. In the technical track, I would like to explore all the components specific to AI, which is very hot in the market with our clients. They want to how AI can help them and how automation plays a role.