IBM Business Automation Workflow Review

Good automation and scalability, but the technical support is in need of improvement

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automation, which is quite strong and we are quite happy with it.

What needs improvement?

The setup and installation process could be made easier.

Technical support is in need of improvement.

We have been using IBM Business Automation Workflow for almost two years.

This solution is really stable.

Scalability is good. We can effortlessly expand and we are quite happy with that.

In my company, it is used in multiple departments. There are between 50 and 60 people using it at this point in time. In addition, we have six or seven people that make up the development team. It's quite good.

Going forward, we are expecting more requirements for automation and we will increase usage with demand.

We have found it tough to get the proper support from IBM. Sometimes there is a lot of duplication of work because we send out something, and then they continually ask for additional details. Eventually, we give up. Then, the next time we have a problem, we have to explain everything from scratch. It takes a lot of time.

Prior to this solution, we were using UiPath and some of our processes are still being handled by that system. In time, we may collapse all of them into this product.

The setup is a little bit complex. It is not a lightweight solution.

We have four or five people who take care of the maintenance, in-house.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is to be sure to fully understand the processes that you want to automate. This has to be done in advance of starting. Also, according to their plan, the license model should be worked out properly.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More IBM Business Automation Workflow reviews from users
...who compared it with Pega BPM
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Apache, Camunda and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.