IBM Cloud Review

A scalable and stable solution with an easy and straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for the ecosystem on the platform where we collect data.

What is most valuable?

The artificial intelligence helps with the analytic data and can parse information faster than you can set it up. The analysis portion of the solution is very important to our business.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be more autonomous. It should let the DL go to allow for more jobs on the cloud. It could have a better interface as well.

I've been using the solution for four months.

The solution is very stable. For me, right now, it's the best on the market.

The solution is very scalable. It's one of the best on the market. We have ten to 100 people using the solution, and about 25 of them are certified, which is quite a lot. We plan on increasing usage in the future.

We've never spoken with technical support on the phone. When we reach out it's online. If I've needed to contact them, it's been about the build and the cloud service feedback. The service is always very good and very professional.

We looked at Oracle as well. We switched to IBM because IBM had a professional approach. They cared about our business and what we could do. The way they were preoccupied with our concerns as a customer, as well as a service provider, impressed us. Their response was very fast and they came up with the best solution that they could provide for the users, so that's why we switched. They also had other technology, including the IBM Watson Cloud, which was preferable to Oracle.

The initial setup was very easy. It's quite straightforward. Deployment took about 15 minutes. Everything is well organized. It does depend on the experience level of the person using it, but even if you're not professionally trained to deal with cloud you'll find it's not too complex.

We set it up ourselves. We just used the code and we did have the assistance of someone who helped a bit with the setup at the beginning. After that, it was very easy and simple. We got a lot of tutorials from the internet and a lot of material on the website that was quite extensive. These helped with the implementation.

On the production side, we are seeing a 200% ROI. It's actually stable enough now to probably bring a return on other systems as well.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud version of the solution. We have Amazon as a provider.

The solution is very stable and technical assistance is very fast in their response. The service offered by IBM is highly respected, as well as the policy of the service provided. It's the best on the market for me and my organization. There are other good open-source solutions that work, but from a service and policy perspective, I would recommend IBM.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if instead of making separate integrations, IBM just brought all of their solutions together.