IBM Cognos Review

The product’s most valuable feature is the open environment where we can build from scratch without too many constraints on calculations.

What is most valuable?

The product’s most valuable feature is the open environment where we can build from scratch without too many constraints on calculations because that allows us to have extensive customization.

How has it helped my organization?

I implement projects using the product, and every time we implement we end up discovering a lot of unaccounted cash that was either being paid to the wrong person or extra money being paid which was unaccounted for. This helps auditing the sales personnel's incentives and also analyzing what incentives show a correlation to an improved performance.

What needs improvement?

• DBMS scalability
  • Debugging
  • UX for admins who are developing on the software

I have used it for 4+ years. I am certified in this tool and I primarily work on implementing this tool (among others) for various organizations’ ICM needs.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I've encountered issues where calculation runs took upwards of six hours because of data storage and build issues.

Technical support is excellent.

I did not previously use a different solution.

It's simple enough to install because IBM takes care of initial setup.

Callidus is usually this product’s competitor.

What other advice do I have?

The product is as good as the team implementing it.