Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
The product’s most valuable feature is the open environment where we can build from scratch without too many constraints on calculations.

Valuable Features:

The product’s most valuable feature is the open environment where we can build from scratch without too many constraints on calculations because that allows us to have extensive customization.

Improvements to My Organization:

I implement projects using the product, and every time we implement we end up discovering a lot of unaccounted cash that was either being paid to the wrong person or extra money being paid which was unaccounted for. This helps auditing the sales personnel's incentives and also analyzing what incentives show a correlation to an improved performance.

Room for Improvement:

• DBMS scalability
  • Debugging
  • UX for admins who are developing on the software

Use of Solution:

I have used it for 4+ years. I am certified in this tool and I primarily work on implementing this tool (among others) for various organizations’ ICM needs.

Stability Issues:

I have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

I've encountered issues where calculation runs took upwards of six hours because of data storage and build issues.

Technical support is excellent.

Previous Solutions:

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial Setup:

It's simple enough to install because IBM takes care of initial setup.

Other Solutions Considered:

Callidus is usually this product’s competitor.

Other Advice:

The product is as good as the team implementing it.

0 Comments