Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
Our staffing department is able to review staff assignment and quickly adjust resources in near real time.

Valuable Features:

Itis easy to use, and web based.

Improvements to My Organization:

With BI in place, our staffing department is able to review staff assignment and quickly adjust resources in near real time.

Room for Improvement:

There is room for improvement with the GUI. The product is a web-based application; it is easy to build basic style. However, at a certain level, it lacks support for advanced web programming capabilities, such as JavaScript, Ajax, etc.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for 12 years.

Stability Issues:

I have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

I have not encountered any scalability issues. The product is built to be an enterprise solution.

Technical support is 8 out of 10. The product has quite a few components. When issues arise, it is not very straightforward to identify root cause, thus difficult to find right support resources for help. My personal experiences are, if you know where the issue occurs and ask the right question, IBM tech support typically can get the answer for you very quickly. Otherwise, it might take some time to get things straightened out.

Previous Solutions:

Other tools were used before, but Cognos provides better functionalities.

Initial Setup:

It was easy to set up; good documentation.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Cognos offers middle-market and enterprise solutions. The middle market is a great value package for companies with less than 500 users.

Other Solutions Considered:

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated OBIEE and SAP Crystal Reports.

Other Advice:

• Understand your needs first.
  • Bring in good experts for initial implementation.
  • Gradually grow internal resources to be able to do self-support.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an IBM Cognos premier partner.

0 Comments